We use quality materials and pay attention to details when making your jewelry…So you don’t have to worry about the durability of your new accessories.
Below are some of the most common concerns/questions regarding how to care for your new piece of Loella Medina Jewelry:
What to avoid if you want to enjoy your gold fill jewelry for a long time:
- Avoid wearing gold fill jewelry in the ocean or the pool. Saltwater and chlorine can damage the metal.
- Remove your jewelry before you go to the gym. There are a lot of natural chemicals in sweat - don't risk mixing them!
- Avoid direct contact with products such as perfume, sunscreen, hairspray, and lotions. Harsh chemicals may cause damage.
- If you can, prevent sleeping in your jewelry. Close contact with your body's chemical make-up can create build up on the metal.
- Daily: If you have exercised or were wearing perfumes & lotions, give your piece a quick rinse under lukewarm water and dry with a cloth.
- Deep cleaning: Get a bowl of lukewarm water and add a touch of mild soap. Let your jewelry soak in the water for about a minute. Give it a gentle wash and then dry with a towel. If you need to deep clean a chain or an intricate piece, use a soft toothbrush to clean where build-up could occur.
- Always keep your gold fill jewelry in a dry or air-tight place. The dryer you store it, the longer the sheen will last!
Shop our best seller gold fill jewelry pieces:
What to avoid if you want to enjoy your sterling silver jewelry for a long time:
- Avoid wearing silver jewelry in the ocean or the pool. Direct sunlight can tarnish the metal.
- Remove your jewelry before you start any house chores, harsh chemicals, like sulfur and chlorine along with perspiration and rubber will accelerate corrosion and tarnish of your silver.
- Avoid direct contact with products such as perfume, sunscreen, hairspray, and lotions. Harsh chemicals may tarnish your jewelry faster.
- To clean your silver, we recommend using a mild soap and water as a first step or use a baking soda and water paste, apply to a cloth or use a soft toothbrush and scrub gently.
- To remove heavy tarnishing, a white vinegar and baking soda mixture is recommended. Simply mix ½ cup of white vinegar and 2 tbsp of baking soda and soak your sterling silver in it for two to three hours. Rinse jewelry and pat dry.
Caring for your Sterling Silver jewelry:
- Wearing your silver jewelry often, believe it or not, prevents silver from tarnishing.
- Use an air-tight container to store your silver. Zip-lock bags are great, but you can also find specialty jewelry bags for a more attractive option.
- Sunlight, heat and moisture accelerate tarnishing. Be sure to keep your silver in a cool, dark place.
- Storing your pieces separately prevents any chance of jewelry scratching or tangling with each other.
- You can consider storing the jewelry with some anti-tarnish strips to help prevent tarnishing.
- Do not store in paper, cardboard, or cotton-filled boxes: these boxes may contain traces of sulfur which will contribute to tarnishing.
Shop our best selling all sterling silver pieces: